With compassion as our guide, our desire is to help aid the refugee and immigrant community in Indianapolis and create means for them to thrive and flourish! We realize this takes years and it is not easy work. It requires patience, diligence, and love – most importantly. Migros is latin for ‘migrate.’
Our work is in 4 areas: Aid, Training, Service, & Empowering
Aid: Distribution of welcome kits, furniture, & clothing
Training: Helping educate and equip people about global migration and ways to make an impact through Migros 101 and offering cross-cultural immersion experiences (spiritual retreats).
Service: We provide opportunities for individuals and groups to serve the immigrant and refugee community
Empowering: Seeking transformation and long-term impact through developing Migros Mentors. weekly Care Club, Care Groups, Community garden, weekly Homework Club, and Glocal Services
- Migros Mentor – mentor a refugee individual or family while helping improve English and navigate life in America
- CARE Group – Facilitate a small group using Discovery Bible study
- CARE CLUB – a community event to provide a free meal, conversation -connection, English practice for adults, small group discussion groups for students
- Community Garden – To holistically mentor young people through part-time employment and to assist in feeding families by producing fresh produce. The vision is that through gardening we can establish and grow relationships and empower the community to engage and learn skills to become self-sufficient.
- Homework Club – Tutoring and emotional support for students after school
- Glocal Services – Offering mentoring and part-time work for refugees in the community: General Labor, cleaning, and landscaping.
- Click here to sign up to be added to our email updates. This is the best way to stay informed.