We are grateful for all the individuals and local churches that assembled Welcome gift baskets for the refugee community. A gift basket came in a laundry basket and were filled with practical items like laundry detergent, gloves, hats, toiletry items, and other small gifts to encourage a family. Thank you for everyone who made this happen! The smiles were endless of this small gesture of love.
We have launched our first virtual year-end campaign to sustain and grow our impact. Click here to learn more
Our goal is $50,000. These funds will allow us to meet our 2021 budget and move into 2022 with the ability to increase our impact.
What your donation will do! Read more and give today
$50: Provides one hour of tutoring to a refugee student
$100: Sponsors our weekly CARE club and provides a warm, nutritional meal for 50+ refugees
$250: Provides Support to increase our mentoring program
$500: Provides one day of support towards our annual expensesContinue reading “Give to our 2021 Year-End Campaign: Operation Welcome”
Over 7,200 Afghan refugees have been settled into Camp Atterbury in Indiana in the last several months. While the majority of these refugees will eventually settle throughout North America, many have made their new home in Indianapolis. Our focus has been on Afghans arriving here in Indianapolis in several different parts of the city. We have extensive relationships within the Afghan community and have been getting regular referrals of new arrivals requesting aid. We also hear from caseworkers who ask for assistance needed for new families.
We are having Afghan families come to our weekly CARE CLUB and HOMEWORK CLUB for connection and help. Please pray for our team as we navigate the open doors before us for new relationships and impact.
As many Afghani refugees are being settled around the city of Indianapolis, we are focusing our efforts of care and empowerment in the following ways:
- Weekly English Classes for Afghani Women. We are currently having English classes two days per week in the community.
- Weekly English Classes for Afghani men. We are currently having English Classes two days per week in the community for men
- Furniture Donations. We have collected and delivered donated furniture to new families
- Household Items from the Amazon Wish List. We have distributed many items from the Amazon wish list
- Clothing – Most of the children do not have clothing and we have collected, sorted, and distributed clothing to families
- Adjustment & Welcome- Our staff , volunteers and Migros Mentors have been assisting families and providing encouragement and friendship